Wednesday, November 28, 2012
If you're in network marketing, party plan or direct sales, you know the value of leads that are primed--they know you and feel comfortable with you.
These are key to an easier sale and even possibly a new downline member. If you're looking for leads like this, there are a number of ways to get them. First, don't pay for them. Why? There are methods you can use that will ensure you a steady stream of leads.
One idea, if you're in home party sales and rely on working parties to get the bulk of your sales and recuits, is to forget the old sales party. These days parties are being tailored to mirror all different uses and styles. For example, an edu-party is a party that features an educational slant. It needn't be boring or dull. A simple cooking lesson would be a great fit for anyone selling home or kitchen items. You could do a basic accupressure class to relieve stress points and throw a candle party at the same time.
Getting creative is the name of the game. If you know someone who wants to feature their business or fun skills at your next party, invite them to teach a class to increase their leads base, too! If you know something fun, start figuring out a way you can teach a class, get leads and build your business all at the same time!
For more leads-getting ideas, join our Spotlight marketing classes. They are free! Get a bonus "Get Your Spotlight" free 24-day publicity guide right now at: http://www.getbookedsolid.com
Monday, November 26, 2012
1. Create separate sections of audience and then put together your sales event. For example: If you can put together a teen event for just teens or working moms with just working moms, your outcome will be better. Always know your audience and then tailor your party to them.
2. Always have a proven marketing strategy to get people to your event as well as hold the event. One contact? Not usually enough. You need to touch people several times in order to build the relationship and get them interested in your party. You also need to have a system in place to get your party to hold. (See Grow Big 60+ Ideas for Party Plan Profits for some ideas to do this.)
3. At every show you should have a "today only" special. This creates urgency and excitement. Make it good and you'll see great profits from this alone. Just be sure to let everyone know that the special will end as soon as your party does!
Monday, November 19, 2012
Thursday, November 15, 2012
WAHMS...do you have a great site or blog that just isn't getting the views and traffic you need?
Here's an idea (it takes maybe 30-60 minutes a week, but it's worth the effort). To get higher search ranking (seen on the first couple pages of Google), you need quality content as well as quality backlinks. You likely know it already, but how to get those high-quality backlinks is somewhat of a mystery.
A couple ideas:
1. You can spend some time going to forums and commenting on high-level sites. Always be sure to add your URL in your comment and voila...a backlink from a high-level site. For instance, if you comment in the forums on amazon or a similar site, you site will have a link back from that site.
2. You can have someone do this for you. There are several sites where you can pay someone to do this (for as little as five dollars on fiverr.com and other sites like odesk.com). Be sure to work with those who understand your business and the ins and outs of backlinking properly.
3. Stay away from link-farms and low-quality, low content sites. These are looked upon poorly by Google and the search engines and are not worth the effort and time. If you decide to pay for the links, be very sure where the links are placed or it could do you more harm than good (another reason to spend a little time doing it yourself).
If you just place 5 backlinks a week, in one month you'll have 20 backlinks! It's a little and effort, but it adds up fast and can really help you get boosted in visibility and traffic.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
The first 6...
1. Starting a forum can improve your social networking. This could create a huge community of prospects. As a whole, it will end your shyness and improve your conversion skills.
2. Launching dime/fire sales! They can create a a lot of buying urgency offering low cost products. Let me say that this could really bolster your brand/buzz fast.
3. Doing testimonial submissions. It will get you backlinks in front of tons of targeted prospects. This may make your search engine visibility!
4. Bartering business items/services. This may save you money from buying business equipment. It increases your company visibility and helps your bottom-line budget.
5. Creating fan pages helps your visibility on Facebook. It would create a ton of highly target leads and sales. The research points out this could help win over your competition.
6. Submitting press releases will decrease your PR dilemmas. This can give you a lot of free, profitable publicity. It will increase your business's popularity with more search engine choices to find you!
Helping WAHMs build their business...smarter and faster!
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
According to Direct Selling Association statistics, 85 percent of direct sales people spend fewer than 30 hours per week working their business. Working part-time is the reason many people go into the business of direct sales in the first place. But what are some tried-and-true methods that will help you work smarter, not longer?
A top-level producer with one company has worked with her company for over six years. A mother of three and an elementary school teacher, she’s taking time off from teaching to work her direct sales business while her children are small.
“Touch your business every day,” she advises. “It is easy, being at home, to let things slide. I make sure, even on lazy days, to do something productive toward my goals.”
Another top seller home schools her four children, manages a successful career with a skincare direct sales company, is an author and a motivational speaker, and owns a company that provides recognition gifts and ideas to support direct sales uplines. Financial freedom and flexibility are what she likes best about direct selling. She says perseverance and determination are keys to success.
“Take one baby step at a time,” she cautions. “When you’re faithful and consistent in the little things, your business will grow beyond belief.”
When asked what she likes best about direct sales, a Senior Director with another popular direct sales company replied, “I love the flexibility it affords me. I am
able to decide when I want to work and how much. I am able to have my toddler at home with me while I work, and I am able to take a break at any time I wish and for any reason, whether I have a doctor’s appointment, a play date for my daughter, or even if I just want to enjoy a nice day outside.”
She recommends treating your direct sales business like…well, a business!
“Most people who are in the business are in it to make money, and to make money you have to work. The difference between a business and a hobby is that in a business you make money; in a hobby you spend money.”
All three top producers agree that goals are a major key to success in direct sales.
“Set clear goals,” one says. “I make sure to do what it takes to work toward that goal every day.
“Dreams are essential,” agrees another. “Whatever you talk about and are most passionate about, that’s what you’ll sell the most of.”
“I strongly feel that if you know where you are heading,” one says, “and you are determined to get there, that you can achieve it.”
Research cited by the Direct Selling Association underscores the validity of these three direct sales professionals’ statements. Of the many reasons people choose direct selling, flexible work schedules and the fact that earnings are in proportion to efforts are among those highest on the list.